A few more bits about me.
In case you were interested.
I am Rhodesian born and bred and as such I had the most amazing childhood growing up on what was, by Rhodesian standards, a small 5000 acre farm.
The middle child of 5 – Boy, girl, boy, girl, boy – how’s that for planning?
The photo shown here was taken on a family outing to Pretoria Zoo (South Africa) and is in front of a false backdrop. The photographer was set-up outside the entrance and was taking photos of families as they visited the zoo.
I often wonder how well he did – it was certainly a good spot to be set-up with an endless supply of potential customers.
Rhodesia is now called Zimbabwe but we won’t go there …
- I went to boarding school from the age of 6 – its what all farming families did in Rhodesia – and a I loved every minute of it.
- School holidays were spent doing real hard work on the farm – probably why I loved boarding school.
- I left Rhodesia at age 22 and move to Johannesburg where I spent my adult working life as a Financial Adviser.
- At age 44 (1999) we moved to New Zealand – what a fabulous place this is to live.
- I have two adult children (boy, girl – continuing the family tradition) who are both happily married.
- I have always been sporty having played golf, tennis, squash, rugby, cricket, swimming and run marathons.
- I play bridge – just started that again recently.
- I have written 3 golf coaching books on “The Short Game” in Kindle format available on Amazon
- I am a qualified golf coach although no longer coach or play due to arthritis.
- I picked up a camera again after giving up golf (I used to develop my own photos in the old ‘film’ days before life got in the way).
- Being a child of Africa I much prefer summer to winter.
- Africa seems to be in my blood and I love watching animal programmes of all sorts.
- I use a Nikon camera which I love.
- I bought Nikon because it was on special for 24 hours.
- I am spontaneous.
- I love reading – mostly crime novels. That might be sinister right there!
- I enjoy movies – even girlie movies, funny enough.
- I only ever watch live sport on TV – I feel stupid getting excited about a recorded program even if I don’t know the result.
- I love travelling – I have travelled a fair amount but would like to do even more.
- I am told I have a good sense of humour – I find that funny.
- I see the positive in all things.
- I love coffee and do my own roasting prior. My day starts with a coffee making ritual.
- I’d love to do a dream location portrait one day for a client who has always wanted to be photographed somewhere special. Why not?
- I don’t see enough of my children.
- I find life is so demanding of our time that we spend far too little of it actually contemplating it and enjoying each moment.
- I find politics and religion interesting subjects but that people get far too emotional and personal when discussing either.
I find this font very boring!
I have never.
- Jumped out of a perfectly functioning aeroplane
- Bungy jumped – are you crazy or what?
- Been sailing – would love to though
- Been to Venice – go on hire me for a photo session there. We could do a journalistic type one. 😉
- Scuba Dived
- Been on a cruise – this list is depressing me so I am going to stop as I obviously have tons of things I still want to do! 🙂